Tuesday, October 25, 2011

My Life Story (Part 5): Intro to Illinois

Over 800 miles.  OVER EIGHT HUNDRED MILES.  It wasn't actually that bad the first time, since everything was new to me.  Seeing how I was moving to the Midwest, I needed to bring a lot of stuff with me, so I had no choice but to drive over to Illinois in my family's large van.  According to mapquest, we were told that the trip would take about 13 hours.  The trip would take us from New Jersey through the WHOLE WIDTH of Pennsylvania, partially through West Virginia, through Ohio, then Indiana, and finally Illinois.  For the trip, we decided to rest in Indianapolis and finish the rest of the trip tomorrow.  I didn't know anything about Indianapolis except for the Colts, but apparently the town is bad?  Iunno, just some random "fact".  But yeah, when we woke up the next morning and started driving, I got to experience the most exciting phenomenon of my life.

Me getting out of my car just to take a picture with the corn...

CORN!  CORN!  And MORE CORN!  I was so excited, couldn't you tell?  (See above.)  I got to look at corn (instead of the road) for the rest of the trip to campus.  Lol, and I'm just kidding about the picture above.  Did you actually think that was me? xD  But yeah, after I got to campus, we went straight to moving my stuff into my room.  I was the first one to my room, so that made setting everything up very easy.  I lived at the Pennsylvania Avenue Residence (PAR) Halls my freshman year in Babcock (lols) hall.  After moving in, I went out to eat with my mom and uncle before they left for their journey home.  Of course my mommy was very sad :(

My Desk

Oh, I forgot to mention how many times I've made that drive between New Jersey and Illinois.  Hmm... let's see... summer before freshman year to Illinois, summer before sophomore year to Illinois again, spring break sophomore year to illinois,Winter break junior year from and to Illinois, Winter break senior year from and to Illinois, summer after senior year... 8 times... over 6400 miles LOL.  Gosh, what a waste of gas...



Me and Ramon's Door
Okay back to the story.  So I move in right, and I'm all anxious to meet my new roommate for the whole year.  Ramon Gutierrez (I think).  I tried contacting him before to try to arrange who is bringing what, but when I called, some Hispanic dude who spoke minimal English picked up and I tried to converse with him; however, he hung up on me within a few seconds =.=  So I'm sitting in the room right, thinking "oh great, I'm gonna live with a Hispanic dude who will probably steal my stuff."  LOL, iunno if that's what I thought, but I can be pretty racist.  But this Ramon guy never showed up.  Yup that's right, I had a double to myself

=)  However, my luck had just about run out after that.  You know how I mentioned I can be pretty racist?  Well at the floor meeting, I got a chance to see everyone on my floor.  At least 75% of the people there were black LOL no joke.  Man, freshman year... what an experience.  It was dark in my hall 24/7 LMFAO, DARKNESS IS SPREADING (laughin at my own jokes a little too much seein how it's 2:45 AM right now...)

My RA

On a more serious note, the RA lived right next to me.  But not like he was any better.  The guy got it on every once in a while, and he tended to start watching movies at around 3-4 AM.  Normally I don't think that would affect my sleep, but he being black and all of course he had those massive stereo systems so the whole room would shake when he watched movies lol.  I also had the chance to catch a whiff of marijuana a few times when my window was open.  How did I know what it smelled like?  Someone once described it to me as the smell of a burning tire.  I never understood that, but when I smelled it, I GUESS it kind of resembled it... but yeah, I was able to piece everything together.



Going to Illinois, I only knew one person.  ONE.  It was a classmate of mine at the Chinese School I went to.  We never really talked much, but I did use white out to draw on his binder a lot during Chinese School.  Yeah... I used to be kind of a bully in my early days and got into a lot of trouble.  Did I fail to mention that? xD  I dislocated my best friend's shoulder and pushed him down the stairs (on separate occasions) before I even turned 10.  I have fond memories of being yelled at by other people's parents haha.  During middle school, I once took a glue stick and smeared it all over the seat of a chair so my friend would sit on it and get


stuck xD.  I might of put hot glue on a stick then put it on someone's neck as well.  Oooohh yeah, I once tried to hit a friend on a run with a peach, but ended up missing and hitting some old dude in the back FAIL LOL.  My mommy told me that at parties, whenever someone's kid started crying she would worry and look to see where I was, just because it'd be my fault most of the time xD  Man, this is ridiculous.  I just randomly remembered getting detention in middle school for dunking a kid's head into the water fountain, wtf lol.  But I don't come across as a bully right?  First think you guys think when you think about me is that he's a little angel right? :D

This pretty much accurately sums me up.
I'm a fun guy right? =)
Gosh, I spent too long thinking about awful/amazing things I've done, depending on how you look at them... OKAY FINE, I admit, MOST of them were awful xD  But I guess everything averages out now with my composed, laid back, good kid demeanor... :)

Sorry guys.  I promise to not go on too big of a tangent next time.  Hope you all found all my "bad kid" memories at least a little bit entertaining.  Thanks for visiting, I'll make sure to post tomorrow since I'm off from work on Wednesday!  :P ace

No comments:

Post a Comment