Monday, October 24, 2011

My Life Story (Part 4): The Last Year of Jersey

Looked something like this, but not
this one.  Random google photo.
So senior year was where all the "fun" happened.  Of course, first thing's first: I got my full license senior year, muahaha xD  My family friends had let me use their car, and I am forever grateful for it.  I drove around in a 1990 red corolla, a car that was a year younger than me.  The car itself came with a countless amount of upgrades as well.  This included, but limited to, a natural transformation to a "low rider" when more than one person got into the car as well as an automatic addition of a creaking soundtrack and a rumble pack once the car breaks the 25 mph barrier.


For those of you who know how I drive, needless to say, these "perks" didn't affect the way I drove xP  I drove back a full car of people from regionals practice where the average weight was at least 150.  I think the car scraped the concrete if I were to turn too fast.  So remember me mentioning the car creaking and rumbling once I hit 25 mph?  Curiosity drove me to test the triple digit ability of the car.  I believe I hit 103 mph on the New Jersey turnpike (I forgot if I drove anyone the few times I did that).  Honestly, there were moments I thought the bottom of the car would just fall out haha :D

So let's see... some fun and random things I did senior year...  Oh yeah, I worked at Kumon, something a lot of Asians in New Jersey did heheh.  It was a very interesting job, and I got the chance to work with children again.  Since Halloween is coming up, I'll share my last Halloween experience.  Sadly, it was during my senior year of high school haha.  At that time, I still only had my driving permit, but I decided to take the car out by myself to go to a friend's house to trick or treat with them.

About 2 months before I cut it?
Me being the lame-o I am, I wanted to just walk around in normal clothes with my backpack as my trick or treat bag.  However, I got conned into "being a girl" for Halloween.  The females in the group I was with decided to give me pig tails and the umbrella thing that girls hold.  Actually, I think the group was all  females lol.  But interesting fact: I decided to grow my hair out senior year.  Around that point, my hair was almost at my shoulder I believe xD  But yeah, interesting night, got a lot of candy (wish I had some right now), and had almost every household comment on

About a month before I cut it?
Kind of missing it now... LOL

my hair lols.  So why was I with a group of girls?  Obviously, it was cause I liked one of the girls in the group (oooh juicy stuff, NOT).  That night I got a chance to take a picture with her, and I believe this is the only picture we have together.  *checks facebook*  Okay maybe 1 of 2 photos we have together lol (sad).  The timing and such never worked out between us.  We had a chance to talk about it this past year and it was pretty fun to reminisce about, with everything basically coming down to, "what if?"


So senior year is also when everyone is applying to colleges.  It was also around the time where I was hit by reality and received one of the biggest shocks of my life thus far.  So I only planned on applying to one school, and after doing some light research, I found that my GPA and my SAT scores were more than qualified for NYU when comparing to the AVERAGE student that got in.  However, I was waitlisted for my early decision.  I think I must have screwed up hardcore on my application somehow xD  But yeah, that forced my hand and I ended up applying to 4 more schools.  My plan for college was to do something business related, and then choose my specific major based on the ratings of the curriculums in their respective colleges.

The Quad of UIUC
 I ended up choosing to go to... *insert drumroll here*... oh wait, this happened over 4 years ago LOL.  Gosh, I'm so old...  Well yeah, I chose to attend the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.  Not gonna lie, I hadn't ever heard about this school LOL.  My parents were the ones who told me to apply to this school, and this was actually the furthest school I applied to.  All I knew was that apparently, all Chinese parents know about this school lol.  The accounting program at this school was top 2, so I thought, why not?  In hindsight, I'm really glad I didn't go to NYU because NYU and UIUC are complete opposites in terms of environment.  UIUC is in the middle of nowhere and has a campus while NYU is smack in the middle of the city and has no campus (so sad). Gah, I miss being at UIUC :(

Aight, gonna quickly sum up the rest of my senior year cause I'm getting tired and it wasn't actually as interesting as I put it/thought it out to be, sorry guys xD  So yeah, got my first girlfriend around fall/winter of my senior year.  Wasn't much though, since it was before I could drive and we lived 40 minutes from each other, so seeing each other was quite rare.  Let's see... senioritis kicked in hardcore haha.  Started missing some classes, writing my own notes, forging school absentee forms (shhh, don't tell anyone :D).
I sleep with this bear... not.

Finally graduated in June; I can't believe Midwest people finish in May, totally not fair.  Summer then came, and so did the CACA Summer Camp I mentioned before.  Towards the end of camp is when I got my 2nd gf, and I've already told you all how that went.  Since I decided to attend college in the Midwest, school started unbelievably early =.=  It was like August 20th or something I believe.  I moved in on the 18th, so my (permanent) life in Jersey ended there.

It was fun reminiscing about Jersey times with you guys.  Stay tuned as I continue my life story, but onto another state!  Good night everyone :)
:P ace

No comments:

Post a Comment