So after the long winter break off, I was ready to start off a fresh semester. Oh yeah, and I went to Taiwan too over winter break... I forgot xD. So yeah, that might explain the weirdness in the picture... xD But yeah, things were slow at first, because I still had to go through the AAA fashion show stuff, so I still ended up having to see the same people that were involved from the previous semester. After that was over, I was ready to find a new group of people to hang out with again. Just like the first time, I found a group based on the mutual love of basketball. I would hang out with these two people a lot (Nathan and Wells); both of them were a year older, one from AAA and one from TASC.
We would ball around 4 times a week and hang out when we didn't ball in the ISR lounges, where some other different AAA people would join us. We were the group of kids in ISR who would get absolutely NOTHING done while "doing work" in the lounges, mostly thanks to the great website known as OMGPOP. Back then, there was this amazing game called blockles, which was basically tetris battle (unlike the fake blockles tetris they have nowadays). We would play these games until very late (or early, depending on how you look at it). One of the people in this group, Peter, eventually became one of my roommates my senior year. In our bestest of days, the group of people would stay up until breakfast, eat breakfast, and then go to sleep LMFAO. Man, such good times xD
Later on in the semester though, I decided that I needed to fix my bad habits and readjust my lifestyle. This included people I hung out with and saw because their ways and manners would influence me and the way I lived. So at what point in my life was I happiest and most carefree? Arguably, it was from my Catholic school days. I decided to reconnect with my church related days, and this started at first through, once again, basketball. At the end of my sophomore year, I started playing ball more often with people who attended the Covenant Fellowship Church (CFC), which is a Christian Church and not a Catholic one. Eventually, I started going to the church as well as its events. Along with that, I also started attending the Taiwanese Investigative Bible Study (TIBS), which was amazing as well.
Most of the people who I did not go to college do not know this, but I am a Christian. Since the end of sophomore year, I have been decently active with CFC. But yeah, after playing ball with and getting to know some of the CFC ballers, I was able to be surrounded by a bunch of amazing caring people, who I would say were/are great influences for me. Besides extreme times of gaming and trolling, these people were decently accountable haha xD Man, it was such great times with my bros. But, back to the storyline, at the end of sophomore year as when I just started meeting these CFC people and started balling with them and getting to know them, so it was still an introductory phase. At first in my CFC life, it was a bit weird learning about and getting accommodated to the differences between Catholicism and Christianity, and it wasn't until later junior year that I was more accustomed to it.
It might seem random, or not as obvious to some of you, but you may wonder what prompted the sudden change in lifestyle? Why did I feel like I needed so much change? Sophomore year was one of the lowest points in my life. I was surrounded by bad influences (people wise, aka not good people), the economy was bad so money was starting to be a problem, and because of the environment I was in, my grades became severely reflective of it. The problem with my grades continued even through the summer after my sophomore year, because I decided to try to take some classes to get ahead of where I am supposed to be at at my point in college. However, I had to drop my classes due to the fact I didn't do too hot in one of my exams >.<
On the bright side, summer time on campus was so much fun. I got to hang out with my club friends as well as my CFC friends basically every day. I think in those days, we went to play basketball every single day haha xD Compare that to now... I basically never exercise. SIGH, I miss playing ball :( That summer, at nights, I would go hang out at "the house," which was this haunted place where my friends David, Brian, and my eventual other 2 roommates for my senior year, Jason and Bailey, lived. Sophomore year summer was when I was first introduced to Dota (uh oh... xD), and I also played a ton of maplestory with Bailey and Brian (mad embarrassing haha xP) But yeah, it was a great summer, which is a big reason why I spent the next 2 summers on campus as well :D
Okay, that's enough posting for now. I haven't written on this blogsite in a while, so writing is becoming difficult, and since I'm not as used to it, it's not as fun >.< Lol, okay gonna look for some picture to add to this post now, since so much text is tedious for the eyes and not as fun. Aight, thanks for following guys :D :P ace
| TASC Bros |
No comments:
Post a Comment